Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge Cabier: I brought a used 2007 or 2008 dodge caliber,

Customer Question

I brought a used 2007 or 2008 dodge caliber, I tried to return it but it was over 5 days and they said no, they could not. this car is costing me an arm and leg trying to keep it running. I tried talking to the supervisor about it and could not be connected. I do have a warranty that I bought bumper to bumper. But every time I drive the car a little ways, it runs hot. 1st they said it was the transmission, then they could me that it runs hot when it is hot. this car has cost me so so much monies and trouble (if I am on the freeway and it runs hot, it will beep and stop). I don't know what to do but I cannot keep paying a car not and insurance. plus paying for a car to be fixed. I NEED SOME HELP
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Can you run by an autozone or something and get the codes checked and let me know what codes it has? That may help to narrow down whats going on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CarMax still has the car the first code was with a backward 7 with a circle with little tents around it,. They said it was the transmission filter, then it was still running hot, CarMax refuse to take back. they told me since I a bumper to bumper warranty take it to the dodge company which is located it Turlock, Ca.. Turlock told me it needed an oil change, which they did. I did not drive it very far, because it was still acting up. (afraid to put on highway with children) .took back to CarMax and Shonda in repairs said the engine light did go off properly, they took it back and check it, I was told that it needed something to cool engine off. and something about brake light for cruise control. I got it back again, I tried to tell them the same light was on the backward 7 with the circle. and that they told me at when I got the car it was the transmission problem., Now the car it still in the repair department, they are telling me they made need to put something on the engine to help keep cool. I cannot afford paying for the car and insurance and repairs that are through the warranty which cost $250. each time I put it in. I tried to call finance company about this situation several times. tried to get them to swap car or take the car back because it is a lemon. I am 67 1/2 and every time I get ready to travel anywhere the car breaks down. I can't aqffor4d to be broken down on highway or streets. I am a retiree paying over $600 dollars for car and the insurance not to mentioned the repairs. What else can I do? it I return it or let them repose it, it will mess up my credit, and I definite need an automobile. HELP HELP HELP
Thats a tough situation and I feel sorry for you for sure. Without the codes or you being able to do any testing I cant even begin to guess at what might actually be going on and your descriptions dont really tell me a whole lot either. It sounds like your best bet is to get it to a different shop or dealer for an independant opinion. Sounds like they are playing games to get the most money out of you possible before actually fixing the issue. If you can afford it a consultation with a lawyer would be a good next step.