Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

3500: I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 liter stock. I've been

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 liter stock. I've been towing 20,000 pounds Monday thru Friday. It never gave me a problem since I owned it till now. Truck has 256,000 miles.
Code P0202
Code p0607
It went onto limo home mode I pulled over and let the truck cool down clear the codes and drove 400 miles no problem.
It does this 2 random times a week.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Are these 2 codes the same codes that keep returning when it goes to limp mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea the P0202 injector 2 circuit goes on before P0607.
I forgot to mentioned that the P2262
Turbo not detected code comes on randomly for the past 4 month when I use the exhaust break.
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
OK, the P2262 is a different issue that is pointing to a turbocharger problem. Usually, a Turbo cleaning will fix the P2262. If turbo cleaning doesn't fix the problem. The Turbo will need to be replaced....
On the P0202 and P0607 there are basically ONLY 2 possibilities. Since you already replaced the Injector and the Valve Cover gasket, the Only 2 possibilities are the ECM and a problem with the Wiring Harness... About all you can do is ohm out the injector circuits to the ECM and if all are ok, the ECM WILL need to be replaced...
Here is the Flow chart for the P0607. I'll round up the P0202 and/or P2262 chart if you need it.
Attachment: --Click here-- to view.
Keep me posted and let me know if you have additional questions...
Thank you,
Robert