Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2001 RHD 2.0 PT: codes 700 and 725 is set very oftn.this is

Customer Question

codes 700 and 725 is set very oftn.this is happening to my 2001 right hand drive PT 2.0
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the car run well for about 30 to 50 minutes and stop in traffic you dear not put the shift to Neutral or when it is time to shift to Drive, man it stalls as a manual it will not pick up the engine began miss firing and back firing in the tail pipe. You just have to pull off road and wait about 30 minutes before it can move forward. But during that trouble it will reverse excellent for any distance . One night I had to reverse three blocks to reach the fuel station before close up time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've notice when codes 725 and 700 are set the car runs well, but in 2nd speed not able to auto shift, previously after the codes were erased it runs well for the day, but now its to regular. Half mile on the road the check light on again.
Expert:  JacobTD replied 1 year ago.
Your tcm is faulty and needs replaced