Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Dakota: my truck won't start. its a 2006 dakota 3.7 v6 the

Customer Question

my truck won't start. its a 2006 dakota 3.7 v6 the brakes are locked up and won't press down. there is a red light that wasn't blinking or anything. just shining and no sounds were emitting either. the transmission won't shift into overdrive either when driving nd will stay at 4000 rpm.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Will the engine at least crank?Is the theft light on or flashing with the key on?Any codes stored?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine will not crank. No theft light that I can see. No code. It's like it's just dead. No click or anything indicating a dead battery either.
Use the link below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/dakotastart.pdf Remove the starter relay, hold the key in the start position, are there 2 pins at the starter relay that have 12.6 battery voltage? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris