Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins: i have a 95 2500 withe the cummins

Customer Question

i have a 95 2500 withe the cummins ac was locked uo replaced comp cond accm ect vaccumed it down and now the comeprossor will not come on the fully charge the system the relay closes when the switch is on and all i have is ground at the compressor?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! Do you have voltage at the relay? Have you checked for a blown fuse?
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could not find a fuse for the AC but did check all of them and they were good, als when you turn on the ac switch the the clutch relay switches over and ground gos through and power also.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then try this: get a jumper wire and connect it to the compressor's clutch connector. Let's make sure that the clutch works.
Let me know.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
jumped the clutch and finished charging the system cools great hooked it back up and still nothing.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok, if you jump the AC relay connector will the clutch come on? (jump #30 to #87)..
Chris