Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

1500: 2005 dodge ran 1500 hemi check engine light says p440

Customer Question

2005 dodge ran 1500 hemi check engine light says p440 truck runs rough sometime other time runs great. changed plugs purge valve and egr valve. check all line dont see any cracks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! Did you replace the Leak Detection Pump next to the fuel tank?
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i did not that was ganna be my next thing to look at but wasnt sure if that would be causing it to run rough sometimes
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Well I am a tech at a Dodge dealer and 9 times out of 10 it is that Leak detection pump (also known as the NVLD) that causes this code to set. As far as the rough run? I think something else is causing that like bad plugs, failing/dirty injector(s) etc. But I recommend replacing the NVLD for the trouble code and then clear it and see if that takes care of it.
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive already changed plugs the truck has 76000 miles its only runs roughs sometimes
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
I see, well do the NVLD and then see how she runs,
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome!!
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you!
Chris