Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Nitro: My 2007 dodge nitro keeps clicking With power off.

Customer Question

My 2007 dodge nitro keeps clicking With power off. Sounds like its coming from under the power module that I just had replaced
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Can you feel around and try to get your hand on the part doing this ?
With the info given, I suspect the blend door actuator to blame. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should have also told you that the horns also blow randomly to the point where I've had to remove the fuses. I watched a video on what a bad blend door sounds like and this is a much more subtle sound. Almost like what you would expect when a relay opens and closes. I can't seem to see or feel where it's coming from. Sounds like its under the tipm.
With the horn enabled, is the clicking related to the horn honking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hard to hear the clicking sound when the engine is running and the horn is honking away. I really only noticed the clicking when the car was switched off. Never heard the clicking until the horn problem showed up. Not sure if the clicking is related to the honking, but the horn relay is not near the clicking sound with the engine off.
I do not believe I can figure this out not in person to hear it. I am going to let another try.