sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge Ram 3500: My security key system on my 2006 Dodge Ram

Customer Question

My security key system on my 2006 Dodge Ram actives upon hitting unlock bottom on the key fob.. Disabled vehicle, horn honking, flashers blinking truck will not start How can I disable or re boot system
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It sounds like you may have a failed wireless control module, assuming you don't have an aftermarket alarm. The WCM is the module in the steering column that acts as the receiver for keyless entry and also validates the transponder in the key to allow the engine to start and run.
It wasn't uncommon for the WCM to lock up and come back with a power cycle, but it's definitely possible for them to fail to the point that a battery disconnect won't help.
Try another key if you're able to. If that doesn't work then a scan tool will need to be used to try and communicate with the module. If it won't communicate then it's powers, grounds and bus voltages will need to be confirmed before condemning it.
If it does communicate then there will be fault codes stored that will need to be used as a starting point for diagnosis.