sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge grand caravan: Good morning I have a 1999 dodge caravan

Customer Question

Good morning I have a 1999 dodge caravan that will not start
Once shut off the gear display would not go into neutral or park however physically it would
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the curcit board and contacts are clean. I have disconnected the battery and reconected the battery. I have checked the linkage for play and position it is tight and in proper place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It sounds like you most likely have a failed transmission range sensor or a range sensor wiring issue. The range sensor is on top the valve body in the trans and reports shifter position.
An instrument cluster issue could cause the PRNDL display to not show correctly but if the starter isn't engaging either then a range sensor related issue is likely.
Does the fuel pump run when the key is first turned on?
Do you know if the PCM and TCM will communicate with a scan tool?