Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Ram 2500 4x4: 2006 Dodge ram 2500 4x4. 83,500 mileage. Never

Customer Question

2006 Dodge ram 2500 4x4. 83,500 mileage. Never had a problem with starting system. On morning of 7/9/2015 I tried to start the vehicle but all that happened was a clicking sound - 4 rounds of same clicking, then the clicking stopped. The lights and other electrical components all work. I tried this a few times during the day with same results.
Any Ideas what the problem might be?
Paul
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hi Paul! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. If you just hear one click when turning the key to the crank position, it is likley that the starter motor is bad. This would be the most common cause. If you heard multiple clicks when trying to start the engine, then this is either low voltage due to a bad battery or a bad connection or a bad integrated power distribution module located under the hood (which is very common on this vehicle). These are the most likley possible causes. I am glad I can help! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" for answering your question. It has been a pleasure working with you. Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer