sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Rt: replaced the motor in my 2006 rt now it has rough idle

Customer Question

replaced the motor in my 2006 rt now it has rough idle and wont idle longer than a few minutes replace the throttle control ,coils,and boots already also replaced starter and altenator and relays
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the problem didn't start until after replacing the engine then it's possible there is n internal issue in the replacement engine. A valvetrain issue for instance will cause a rough idle and if it's something like a broken valvespring it could potentially cause the engine to die.
A leaking EGR valve is also a common cause of idle issue, but it would normally run fine at a higher RPM.
What model is the vehicle?
Have you checked for fault codes?