MoparHeat
MoparHeat, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Technician, 8+ years with Chrysler, ASE Certified Automotive Technician
67978266

Dodge charger 2012 unlocks with key fob but can not start

Customer Question

Dodge charger 2012 unlocks with key fob but can not start car the security light in dash stays blinking
Category: Dodge
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your inquiry. My name is ***** ***** will be assisting you...Have you tried pushing the push to start button with the key? If not, try pushing the button in dash with the rounded end of key and let me know what happens? Also try using another key if you have one available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I've tried that and still nothing.
My battery died and once I got a boost I tried to start my car and nothing
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.
I have only one suggestion that you can do. Disconnect both battery cables from the battery in the trunk. Wait a few minutes. Touch the cable clamps together to discharge any capacitive power in the vehicle. Then reconnect and attempt to start again. Hopefully that will reset it. If it still won't work you will have to have it towed in to the dealer as the dealership only can correct the issue with the security systems on these vehicles.I hope this helps! Please let me know if you need more help or information. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you need further help or information. Otherwise please rate the service provided to you today. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about error codes? Are u able to get those?
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.
You can try retrieving trouble codes. However most scan tools won't pull the codes or even be able to access the modules pertaining to the security.I apologize for the delay. I am currently pulling out a transmission at the dealership.
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.
You used to be able to turn the key and retrieve some codes. These newer vehicles won't do that either.