Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Dodge Ram 1500 srt 10: It's not a Chevy its a dodge srt 10

Customer Question

It's not a Chevy its a dodge srt 10 truck. My heated O2 sensors and evap won't ready up. I only need one more to ready so I can pass. I'm ready to torch this fu$&@"ing thing it's been 5yrs.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again I replaced all 4 O2 sensors new sealed gel battery. I did rebuild the motor added a s/c withe headers new hi flow cats and exhaust but I did not mess with the system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything, FYI I had supposedly the best Srt tech look at it and he's an ass hat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was the first person in the country to do an in frame build on the srt v10. 16k miles on rebuild and no problems. I Was a heavy equipment mechanic for 20yrs and this is the only problem that stumped me. Hope you can help. Also I was the bug that got the hellcat built. Giles didn't like the fact a truck can eat a vette,Camaro, and gt Shelby mustang.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm ready, been looking for an answer for 5yrs.
Use the link below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/dodge%20EVAP.pngFor EVAP monitor, can you monitor and confirm the temp sensors are reading right and within the outlined specs and monitor the purge monitor for correct operation. Have you performed a EVAP leak test?On the O2 sensor heater, you need an ammeter to verify the key on power load at each O2 heater is the same for each sensor. This monitor will not complete when the PCM detects the resistance on the circuit is not sufficient. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry moose but obviously you didn't read everything i wrote. Srt tech put a drb3 on it and everything was working right. I got the same answers from my srt10 tech manual. All this does is prove the emissions test are bullshit. Thank you anyway
Thanks for letting me try, best of luck.