Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 99 Dodge diesel quit running5 yrs ago i have replaced the

Customer Question

my 99 Dodge diesel quit running5 yrs ago i have replaced the IP,LP,filter,cam sensor. we tried cranking it to start it wouldn't we pushed and got it to start drove it for 3 day while driving it on day 4 it just shut off and will crank but not start
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have since pulled the tank to check the fuel strainer it needs to be replaced the fuel level was '3/4 full' checked all fuel lines for leaks and rot all rubber lines are good and double clamped is there a map sensor on the 5.9 diesel. there is fuel to the injectors
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the engine is a replacement with50,000 miles I installed it in 2004 old engine was still running but had a cracked block above the starter on the right side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the truck has 384,000 miles on it
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
There is fuel to the injectors from the low pressure pump. Are you able to check the high pressure injector pump desired compared to actual fuel pressure with a scan tool? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris