Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Dakota: Dodge Dakota 2005 quad cab v8 4.7 power windows and

Customer Question

Dodge Dakota 2005 quad cab v8 4.7 power windows and power mirrors do not work, locks do work, read wiring diagrams and located power in the circuit breaker under neath the dash board which has power, pulled the master switch off and power into master switch (pink and yellow wire were talking about here) tested power to all the switches and the drivers door is the only switch that doesn't light up when I test its wires on the diagram for the windows, all other windows have power supplies to them, I'm stumped Ive bought a new master switch and power mirror switch, thinking that, that is the problem but the kicker is I some how this morning made my power mirror work on the right side fiddling with it and after I had it set where I wanted it I tried the windows and the mirrors did not work after that , I'm stumped I need help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** the pink/white wire at the master switch does not have power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Tim yes it does not when I check for power with a test light on the driver switch but when I check the passenger on the pink and white it does have power same with the back doors there wires show power from the test light on each other switches and I couldn't understand that ethiier thank you for replying so fast too buddy
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then you most likely have a break in the pink/white wire where it runs through the rubber boot, between the door and the body, this is very common on these , we see this alot, can you check the wires inside the rubber boot and see if its broken?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry the power for my window is orange and white and org and green the pink and white I believe is a constant power as well long day working out side I will be back at my truck in about and hour and a half
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This thing only charges me 5 dollars and 23 when I'm done correct? Also have cut the boot open no breaks in wire there is constant power in the switch btw too
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
DO YOU HAVE POWER ON THE PINK/WHITE WIRE IN THE WIRE IN THE BOOT?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no pink and white buddy I've figured the problem thank you