-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Dodge ram 1500 hemi sport: my 2005 dodge hemi ram has no low

Customer Question

my 2005 dodge hemi ram has no low side ac service port, ac never touched. Went to dodge yesterday and two mechanics and service slso could not find it. they were stumped. Only have high side port at left front fender and high pressure switch at compressor. All i got was a run around. Even pictures from dodge manual showing were it is, except not on my truck. Told them i was not going to pay them to put in a new acummulator wirh a service port when dodhe never did.Lost in space!!!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is low side service port???????? What did they do different in 05. How would they fill system? How would they service ac. It seems no one knows this and what to do!
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
I just went and took a picture of a 2005 Ram with HEMI to show the a/c ports.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont have low side service port on acummulator. I know that is where it should be, but doesnt exist from factory, so now what do I do. This is where I was before I contacted just answer. It does not exist, did dodge ever make any changes between 04--06? I have something no one can explain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any new ideas on what to do???!!
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
If for some reason you don't have a low port you can still charge it on the high side and you don't need both to service the a/c only for diagnostic purposes. If you insist on getting a low side then I would replace the dryer that has a port.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. was told same info yesterday at dodge by one mechanic . so as it stands this did not help at all. still have same problem no low side port, and nobody to explain why!! So I believe we r done with issuse with no new information. U mirrored Ewald dodge on answers. nothing nee like I was hoping. So I guess I am just out of luck. Thank you for trying!!
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating..
Brad
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Are you having a/c problems? Why do you think you NEED a low side port?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get my money back for this transaction?? Did not learn anything new, just repeat of same information I already knew. So dont want to pay for this what do I do??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
low side port because there is suppose to be one there per Dodge and everyone else. This should have been easy with a 134a refill kit that would fit on low side fitting. u know like 1-2-3. One size fits all low side ports.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
If you need your a/c serviced then you will need an a/c machine and not a can of freon. You will need to charge on the high side... Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i get my money back??? this is all information i already knew!
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Your question was where is the low port and I showed you a picture on where it should be. Did I not answer your question? What else do you need to know?
Thank you again for the positive rating so I'm compensated for my time I have spent with you..
Have a greatday
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already knew where low side service port was suppose to be. as i said before. Was trying to find if something had changed in that model year. I already had pictures and manuals showing low side port location and from Dodge. This is not new information. Sorry! i need my money back , did not learn anything new , Thank u for understanding that just answer did not work for me this time. just need refund!
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Your question was:
And I answered your question. I can't help you already knew it his information, I did in fact answer your question and now you would like a refund?
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes!