-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Dodge: after a motor swap putting a 99 model cummins in a 02,

Customer Question

after a motor swap putting a 99 model cummins in a 02, I swapped the relucter pick up,timing cover and cam gear to the 99 long block. So the cam shaft poison sensor would work. Now I have rpm. But truck still seams to be in limp mode. Giving me a crank shaft sensor code. This 02 doesn't have a ckp ??? The code is p1690 and po341. What is going on with this goat
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the VIN number for each vehicle so I can see if the two engines will interchange?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the 02 vin 3B7MC33632M313599 and the 99 vin 1B7MC3367YJ124539The motor CPL Family ID for 99 is XCEXH0359BAQ and on the 02 it's 2cexh0359bad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New code no communication between Scm and injector pump module. And yes I'm running the pump off the 99. I also called dodge to see if pumps were same and they said they have 2 different pn#. ???
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
The 2 engines will not interchange. I looked them up and they are 2 different part numbers. You will need to find a 2002 engine for the 2002 truck:.