Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Dodge: Having radio issues with my 2006 3500 radio display

Customer Question

Having radio issues with my 2006 3500
radio display blacks out after a short period of time now doing it within seconds of starting truck
I do not use truck everyday but about 2 weeks ago heard a cluster of bell sounds, just caught the tail end of a message scrolling across the bottom of radio display was not able to read it
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! Does the radio still play? Just the display is out?
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this time yes, the display will come on when truck is started if the radio is on, sometimes it will also light up when turning the radio on after starting the truck, it will display the Dodge symbol and then the tab screen, but after a few seconds or minutes (it varies) it will go dark. The radio will still play sound
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
I see. Ok then, if that is the case, the radio is failing internally and will need to be replaced with an exchange unit, or sent out for repair. There is nothing else that this can be.
Chris