Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Ram 1500 SLT: I have a 2003 Ram Quad Cab 4.7 liter 4x2 that

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ram Quad Cab 4.7 liter 4x2 that is having similar long cranking issues at initial start. It sometimes stalls when I come to a stop, and experiences multiple misfires during aggressive acceleration. Several different 300 codes, and codes #??? for the crank sensor consistently pop up.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
have you replaced the crank sensor? have you replaced the fuel filter? Do you have a scan tool, code reader or know what those actual codes were?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, crank sensor was replaced by myself and two other mechanics, I also have replaced the fuel pump assy which includes the filter. I have also replaced the Cam shaft sensor, the MAP Sensor, the IAC valve, and TPS. All eight of the coil packs, and I removed and tested (Ohm'd) the fuel injectors. I checked the pressure at the rail and it only dropped off by a few PSI after about ten minutes. I have a exhaust rattle that I think is the Catalytic Converter. as far as the codes I am currently at work and don't have the specific codes in front of me, but I have been getting various 300 series codes, the one associated with the crank sensor not being read, and now I get one for the O2 sensor. I will have those code numbers tonight after work.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
ok