Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Chrysler T&C van: 2005 Chrysler Town & Country van, airbag

Customer Question

2005 Chrysler Town & Country van, airbag light will not go off. I replaced the two front sensors, and the clockspring. The rear wiper works, but NOT the rear washer pump
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
with an air bag light on there HAS to be a code in the air bag module, do you have the code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not. Can I pull the code from the OBD port?
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
yes BUT you need a scan tool that can read air bag codes and provide the correct code NOT a 2 digit code (we haven't used 2 digit codes in decades) if the tool you use provides a 2 digit code it should also give a description
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll locate a scanner that will do that, possibly tomorrow, or I'll see if a local auto parts store will pull it for me.
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
no problem once you have a code and description of it I can lead you in the best direction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still tracking down a scanner that will pull the SRS code.

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
if you are looking to purchase one try amazon.com they have a large selection just be sure it will read air bag codes for your car there are some that only read vw/audi.if not looking to purchase try autozone they USUALLY have a scanner on hand that should be able to read air bag systems