Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Dodge ram 2500: I have 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 pickup truck.

Customer Question

I have 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 pickup truck. I WAS DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD PULLING A TRAILER, trying to get the cruise control to work, and the truck died. it turns over now, but won't start. It's not getting spark.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Does the check engine light come on with the key on? Have you checked for codes in the computer? Does the engine have injector pulse when cranking it over? Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN- 1B7KF26Z8VJ505018 I will have to check the check engine light. Don't know how to do other to things.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information. Then, the next step is to check for spark when cranking. If the engine does not have spark, we need to check the cam and crank sensor and the ASD relay and circuit. If the ignition coil has power while cranking but not producing spark, the ignition coil or the secondary ignition components could simply be bad. Does that make sense?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
I hope this helps! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" for answering your question. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I will be happy to help! Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The truck is about an hour away alongside a road. So it will take me awhile to gather this info. Is there any normal short comings of this type of truck that might standout as the possible problem?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
YES, the PCM, fuel pump, ignition components, cam and or crank sensor.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance. Please let me know.
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer