Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Dodge Dakota: I have a 2003 Dodge Dakota with tilt steering

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Dodge Dakota with tilt steering wheel. The tilt lever on the left side of the steering wheel broke inside the column and I'm unable to tilt the wheel. I took the top plastic cover of the steering wheel off but an unable to remove the bottom half. How do I get the tilt lever off or get to the inside of the column to see what broke?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
You must remove the tilt lever to get the lower column shroud off. There are 2 different designs, the most common is the tilt lever there is twisted and threaded in. Once off check the bracket that the lever mounts to see if it has broken. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris