sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2005 ram 4x4 will not move grinds when put in park after in

Customer Question

2005 ram 4x4 will not move grinds when put in park after in drive makes me think trans is spinning transfercase?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem is either with the transfer case or possibly the rear differential. Have a helper watch the rear driveshaft while it's in gear and see if it spins. If not then the transfer case either is in neutral or has failed mechanically.
If it's an electronic transfer case then the most likely cause would be the shift motor. If it's a mechanical then the shifter may have been accidentally bumped into neutral.
Have yo u checked to make sure the transfer case is in two wheel drive?