Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Dodge dakota: I have a 91dakota it is not charging I had the

Customer Question

I have a 91dakota it is not charging I had the pcm redone new alternator new battery all new fuses ran new wire for fuseable links
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience. 1. Check for power at the large battery terminal at the back of the alternator for B+ volts. 2. Check for B+ volts at the Dark Blue wire at the alternator with the engine running. This is the field brush wire.Repair as necessary any wiring problem(s) this far.3. Ground the Dark Green wire at the other field brush terminal. The alternator should full-field and charge over 14 volts, if not the alternator is defective.4. If the alternator full-fields and shows a charge, ground cavity 20 Dark Green wire at the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) 60-pin connector.Pin 20 at PCM 60-pin Connector5. If the alternator full-fields, check the connector pin fit at pin 20 of the PCM.6. If good, check the PCM powers and grounds.7. If good, replace the PCM.These checks will determine where the fault is. If you need the PCM power and ground terminal locations let me know. I hope this information is helpful to you. Should you have any questions please let me know.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you. Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks so much.