Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

My windshield wipers recently stopped working....ish. I can

Customer Question

My windshield wipers recently stopped working....ish. I can still get them to turn on at full/max speed and I can instantly cut them off but that's about it. My last mechanic said something about a bad master control switch but didn't sound confident in
his diagnosis at all, is that plausible? If so what switch is he talking about?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also - I already tried removing and replacing the "stick/knob" with the windshield wiper controls, that didn't fix anything though.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Anytime you have a problem with the wipers the body control module will set a fault code and or codes (B codes). Before you consider replacing anything you need to have your mechanic install his scan tool and retrieve the fault code and or codes that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I can advise you on the correct repair.