Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Grand Voyager: my Plymouth Grand Voyager had the cruise control

Customer Question

my Plymouth Grand Voyager had the cruise control working intermittently. Now it doesn't work at all and the horn is out and the Airbag sign is red and on? is there a common problem here.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon. Based on the 3 issues your having, the clockspring will most likely be your problem. The clockspring is the item in the steering column that the wires run thru leading to the steering wheel. All 3 of these items are related to the steering wheel. I highly recommend replacing the clockspring assembly at this point. There was a recall at one time for the 1996 and 1998 minivans that corrected this issue. I recommend you contact your local chrysler/dodge dealership and give them your VIN number and see if the recall applies to your vehicle. You can even give me your VIN number and I can check as well for you. The recall was # B24.