-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Ram 2500: I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9 cummins

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9 cummins diesel. I recently replaced my fan clutch with an aftermarket product. Now the wires have been sucked into the fan and ripped out the quick connect plug, I cannot seem to find the proper color code for the wires on my fan. They are as follows: pink, green, blue, red and yellow. The truck wires are: white, blue, green, orange and black/ blue stripe. Can you help me with the crossover to properly wire this correctly? Thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
WHat is the last 8 of your VIN?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vin is: 3d7ku28c53g773740
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Does this help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really, I already found that diagram online. What my main question is which of the wires I listed earlier connect to each other?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
After reading your question over again I see you got an aftermarket fan a few weeks ago and now it has sucked in the wires and pulled them out of the connector and you need a connector pinout to see where they go. Is this correct? If so then here is what you will need to do.. To start with I only have factory wiring diagrams and your likely not going to find the particular connector for whatever brand fan you purchased and to be honest this is likely why the wires got chewed up because it's not a factory fan that comes with the metal shielded bracket that prevents them from being drawn into the fan and cut.. Being a Cummins tech at the dealership this issue is not uncommon and as the rest I suggest getting a OEM fan clutch so first off it works properly for your Cummins but because it's made a lot better than the cheaper fans so you don't have this worry anymore.. Now if you insist on using your fan give all the info on it and I will try and locate you a pinout, but to be honest I would get a OEM fan.. I'm here to help, let me know..Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fan is an aftermarket part but I no longer have the box and don't see any markings for who makes the fan. Since the wires have been ripped out of the plug I'm no longer aloud to return the item which cost me over 200$. Now I'm just trying to bypass the plug and get the fan working without spending another few 100$$ dollars. Any help would be greatly appreciated to solve this matter at hand, thanks again
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
If you know where you got it from have them pull another one just like it and tell you the pinout. Because there are so many manufactures of the fans that I would never find your wiring diagram without knowing the brand and part number.. See if they will pull one off the shelf and show you the connector so you can write down the pinout.. Let me know how it goes,Brad