EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Dodge Technician
Experience:  17 years experience
34559540

I have the problem this guy is having. 2010 caliber is doing

Customer Question

I have the problem this guy is having. 2010 caliber is doing this jerking acceleration thing. Usually when its hot outside. No check engine light comes on and its somewhat intermittent, so i don't want to take it in to be checked without some idea of what to tell them.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes the car cuts out all together. It seems to happen when the AC is on, although I'm not sure that is related.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happens pretty frequently now, almost every time we attempt to drive it any distance.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Generally an ignition coil causes the concern you are having. Even if the check engine light is not on there may still be a code stored in memory. So that could be worth having checked.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Something also that can cause this is if the spark plugs are too worn. You may want to try tuning it up if you haven't done so lately.