sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. I drove it yesterday just fine.

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. I drove it yesterday just fine. Then I went to start it back up and it wouldn't start. The battery appeared weak and there was a red light blinking on the dash. I installed a new battery but noticed the old battery negative post was loose. After installing the new battery, the truck still will not start.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that will cause a no start condition, especially depending on what it's actually doing. If it still acts as if the battery is dead then it's going to be a cable, connection or integrated power module issue. If it starts and dies then the problem is related to the SKIM or factory security system, if it cranks but doesn't start then you're either missing spark or fuel.
What happens when you attempt to start the engine?