Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Dodge D150 pickup: I'm working graveyards at a police station.

Customer Question

I'm working graveyards at a police station. When I warm the truck up and its in park with the lights on the passenger rear brake light and the passenger rear turn signal both work fine. But when I put it in reverse both of them stop working, and when I take off in drive, same thing. So I don't know that the hell is wrong.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Glad to help.
With this sort of issue, it can only be a short somewhere in the wiring... the supplies are obviously all good and there for them to work at all - then selecting R kills it...
What I would suggest then is to check under the selector panel.. that panel lights up and so is linked in with the sidelight power feed - ie, same light circuit as the back lights. It would seem then that selecting R - its shorting the wiring or selector panel on the lighting circuit and causing what you have... It could also be same fault on the reverse light switch affair. So check the wiring and as above.. can be a bit of a pain - there's no straight answer to it Im afraid - but that's the way to find / cure this for sure.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-Meantime ----- Please do the rating for me at this time.. - Thank you in advance for that - ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating should you need more at all - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.