Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Dodge Technician
Experience:  I have 30 years of Dodge Technician experience. I know these cars in great detail.
9795573

200 dodge 3500 cummins 5.9 turbo: re placed fuel pump in 2000

Customer Question

re placed fuel pump in 2000 dodge cummins voltage at pump is 9 vlts 5.9diesel it wont start why is only 9 vlts and not 12
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also gas was in fuel maybe 1gal to 20galllon of diesel
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background,and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time. I am an electrical specialist, and I will try to help you out with your problem. The lift pump gets power from the engine computer, it should be a yellow and white wire. I would suspect a bad electrical connection between the engine computer and the pump. Splices and plugin connection are the most suspect areas for bad connections to occur. The engine computer on terminals 15, and 35 sends power to the lift pump. Both wires go into a splice and then on to the pump. There might be a problem there. If you have power at the ECM on terminals15, and 35 and no power to the pump check the wires for brakes or shorts to ground. You might also want to check out all the fuses too, the engine computer could be starving for power if there are any blown fuses. If you have any more questions, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer. I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.