Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 03 Stratus with a 2.4 DOHC. The head gasket was just

Customer Question

I have a 03 Stratus with a 2.4 DOHC. The head gasket was just replaced, and since then it will start and drive regularly for about 4 minutes. When it warms up it starts acting bad. It will bog out if I accelerate too much and actually die if I don't take my foot off, and gently pedal it. It wont pull up a small hill and starts to die if I try to accelerate. It's all good until it warms up. I had the PCM wiped and re-programmed according to the VIN. New cam sensor, crank sensor, IAC, TPS, MAP, IAT, and knock sensor. Air filter, thermostat, are good. WHAT do I check next? I bought it like this, and the guy said he just had the head milled and put in a new gasket. Said he didn't mess with anything else. Did he maybe not hook something up right? Or maybe torqued the head bolts wrong.? Is this a common problem?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I would like to help point you in the right direction. Can I start by getting your VIN?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
And the codes stored in the computer?