Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge Dakota 4x4: I'm jim I have a 92 dodge Dakota. wont

Customer Question

Hi I'm jim I have a 92 dodge Dakota. wont shift to first gear, it takes off in second. I can put selector I
n first it seems to go in first but wont move, just binds up like its in two gears at once,
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** a 16 Yr Dodge dealership technician and I will be helping you with your question today...
Your transmission is a 42RH which means it has a hydraulic governor in the tail shaft.. Do you know if it was replaced when it was rebuilt? If not then I would suggest replacing it before it causes the clutches to slip..
Brad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont know if it was replaced or not, would it make it all of a sudden not work right and in first gear and not move when selector in put in first gear?