Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

2500 freightliner sprinter: how to reset remote keyless entery

Customer Question

how to reset remote keyless entery code on a 2003 freightliner sprinter
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
What is the actual problem that you are having? Is it an issue with the remote fob operating the power locks or is it a "No Start" issue?
Thank you,
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
operating locks with key fob &inside control
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the power locks don't work with the Fob OR the Button on the Dash it means that there is a problem with the Power Locks. There is no Remote Keyless Entry code to reset. You will need to have it diagnosed for the cause. It would be a good idea to have it scanned with a capable scanner DRBIII is the recommended scanner to use. This is the Dealer Scan Tool. Generic scanners or code readers will not work for this concern...
You can try first to check ALL fuses. There are fuses under the steering column and some more under the driver seat. Check ALL fuses and replace any that are blown. Let me know if this helps and if you want to attempt to diagnose this yourself, I can post some wiring diagrams for you..
Keep me posted and let me know if you have additional questions...
Thank you,
Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.
This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.
If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark My Profile Page (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it.
If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.
If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...
If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.
My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future.
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Robert