sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Lost gauges, tach oil temp, fuel, and a/c is running high blower

Customer Question

lost gauges, tach oil temp, fuel, and a/c is running high blower continously, checked all fuses,
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an Eagle Vision ESI 1995 3.3L. I have recently been having trouble with A/C, it would switch itself from cooling to heat and from from blowers to defrost, the buttons would not change that condition, most times, sometime tapping on the fan speed button would cause it to change back and the I would control over the A/C again for a while. Then after a very hot day, I went out and started the engine and the blower motor came on, at high and stayed that way unable to switch it off, unless i pull the fuse, But also the gauges went out, fuel, tacho, speed, everything. I checked and changed any suspect fuse and tested, everything there seems okay, I even went to battery terminals and cleaned them to ensure good voltage and grounds. I am thinking maybe the Blower motor resistor module, Or what else it could possibly besides that i am not sure, Body controller, Blower motor power module, or even the ATC control panel (module itself on the dash unit below radio)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It sounds like you either have a failed a/c control head, a bus communication issue, or possibly an ignition switch issue. A failed ignition switch would often cause a loss of windows, turn signals and sometimes the trans would go into limp in though.
I would first suspect that the control head is failing and taking down the bus, which will cause the loss of gauges. Control head issues on these were common.
The first thing I would recommend is try unplugging the control head and see if the gauges come back. If so then the control head will need to be replaced.
A failed control head is what almost always causes the heat and blower motor issue you're having.You can try unpluging it and see if the gauges come back, if so then the issue is definitely in the control head.