Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge Quad cab 3500: I have a 1999 Dodge 5.9 24V 5 speed Diesel

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Dodge 5.9 24V 5 speed Diesel quad cab Ram.. This is a vacuum problem..I found a link on vacuum hose before it went through firewall. This stop ac from blowing only defrost and floor and allow it to flow through vents..
How went I get above 55 mile per hr. I loss cold air....can you help with this problem ? Can you show pictures where to look and how to trouble shoot? No mechanic but can turn a wrench
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my nae is Tim, this is most likely a bad vacuum pump, if it only does it after 55mph, have you put a gauge on the hose coming off the pump nd seen if the vcuum drops when you get over 55 mph?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok were is the pump located ? it say here service manual it a engine driven vacuum pump
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
I t is located on the drivers side front of the engine, it is bolted between the engine and the p/s pump, the timing gears drive the vacuum pump and the vacuum pump drives the p/s pump, would you like the procedure for replacing the pump?