Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

RAM 3500 Hemi: The AC compressor clutch on my Dodge Ram 3500

Customer Question

The AC compressor clutch on my Dodge Ram 3500 will not engage.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Do you have access to a scan tool and/or multimeter for testing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I am so late in reply, Wayne. Busy day. Additional detail, I had the airbag replaced at the local dealership per the recent recall program. Prior to arrival you could hang meat in the cab of the truck. After leaving the dealership it was hot enough in the cab of the truck to cook the meat. My son-in-law who recently closed a garage after 17 years came over and pushed the little lited button on the dash (turn it on, stupid) and everything started working. I did not know there was a button on/off. In the 8 years I've owned the truck, I don't think I've ever mashed it or paid any attention to it. I'm thinking I though that light, since it is right over the pass. air bag key swithch, was a light to show me the pass air bag was off. Apparently whe the tech disconnected the battery to replace the defective air bag the AC was shut off and did not come back on until my brilliant son-in-law pushed it. Thanks for you help but I now know where the AC on/off button is.

LOL. Glad you got it worked out. No multimeter or scan tool needed for that one ;)