Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

3500: I have a 1998 Dodge diesel 12 / valve it runs good but

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Dodge diesel 12 / valve it runs good but it does not charge batt. & none of the gages work & the AC does not work
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. This is 1 a failed PCM (engine computer), 2 a blown fuse going to the PCM, or 3 a crankshaft position sensor (speed sensor above the front crank pulley) that has failed and is not telling the PCM that the engine is running. Check for any blown fuses first. If ok, then see if youi can get a scan tool connected to the data link connector under the dash and communicate with the PCM. If you can, then start the engine and look for theRPM signal from the crank sensor. If there is no signal/RPM, then replace the sensor. If you cannot communicate with the PCM, then replace the PCM. I hope this helps!
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem?
Chris