Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

DODGE GRAND CARAVAN: YES . I HAVE A 2004 DODGE CARAVAN, A

Customer Question

YES . I HAVE A 2004 DODGE CARAVAN, A FEW MONTHS AGO I HAD THE BATTERY CHANGED AND A WEEK AGO I TRIED TO HAVE AN INSPECTION BUT THE CAT AND 02 ARE "NOT READY". I HAVE SINCE DRIVEN THE VAN 200 MILES AND IT IS STILL NOT READY. HOW CAN I RESET THE COMPUTER??? I HAVE HEARD THAT DISCONNETING THE NEGATIVE CABLE ON THE BATTERY AND THEN REATTACHING THE NEGATIVE CABLE WILL DO IT, IS THIS TRUE???
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
What ever you do, DO NOT disconnect the battery cables on your vehicle
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
If you do, the computer will lose all memory and it will take that much longer for the readiness moniters to run.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
What you need to do is keep driving the vehicle. I understand you drove 200 miles already, but trust me, I do this for a living. KEEP DRIVING THE VEHICLE
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Let the vehicle idle for some time, city driving and highway driving all need to be done. Just keep driving the vehicle and the cat and 02 moniters will turn to "ready" and you will pass emissions.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
I am glad I can help! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" for assisting you today.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
It has been a pleasure. RegardsCustomer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Let me know!
Customer