Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Neon: , i installed a factory alarm unit in my 2001 dodge

Customer Question

hi, i installed a factory alarm unit in my 2001 dodge neon, it started 3 times (only ran for like 5 seconds each time) and shut off. the oil light was and is still on. and now it wont crank (no clicking noise, battery seems good). i checked the starter relay, swapped it with a known working one, still nothing. checked voltage going to that relay and its getting 12v when turning the key to start. could the factory security system have sent a signal to the ecu to disable the starter? the car doesnt have a skim, it has a plug for one but since this car didnt come with remote keyless it wasnt installed. what can i do to get my car to start
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Please send me the VIN number of the Neon. I want to look a t the factory option list' Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem?
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this issue turns out to be the violet/yellow data wire going from the alarm to the rest of all the cars communications. it tells the pcm to not start. i swapped the pcm with a non keyless neon from a junk yard and it started with no problem. the alarm doesnt work now but id rather have the car running
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Ok there ya go! Thanks for the update and if you have more questions, please let me know,
Chris