roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

2003 dodge Ram 1500: I just replaced my compressor condenser

Customer Question

I just replaced my compressor condenser fan and accumulator . The compressor won't cycle and my high side pressure goes to 350 . I replaced the high pressure transducer and no change .
Category: Dodge
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
did you mean you replaced compressor, condenser, fan and accumulator???
how much freon did you install??? did you vacuum the system of all moisture??
did you change the expansion valve???
what is the low side pressure as well???
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 put 1lbd 10ozs and vac system for 40 min .
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
about the other questions??
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No expansion valve . Flushed lines and orifice tube . Temp changes at orifice tube high side goes up to 300+ low side 30psi evap temp sensor reads 48f that's is the only part that hasn't been changed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clutch stays on doesn't cycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced AC compressor replaced condenser electric fan replaced accumulator replaced high side switch flushed condenser and orifice tube line
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
what is the low side pressure running??
is the radiator fins good and clean?? sounds like an air flow issue through the radiator. does the clutch fan work on the motor for air flow??
try spraying some water on the condenser while the ac is running and see what happens to the pressures/
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Low side 35 to 40 at idle drops to 30 25 at 1500 rpm condenser has a remote position from rad clean fins and new electric fan .
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
did the air get good and cold???
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's cool and gets warm after driving .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm thinking the temp sensor on the evaporater and possibly flushing it out maybe some oil stuck in there
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
it sounds like you have a restriction in the system.
Roy
no, it is not a sensor. the sensor does not effect high side pressures that you have
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can understand that to a point but why does the compressor constantly run and not cycle . If the high side goes to s certain point the switch should disengage the clutch
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
no, the low side is what cycles the compressor on a good running system. once the low side gets below 20 lbs. the compressor will shut off.
when the high side switch shuts off the compressor it is to protect it from failing due to a problem in the system
Roy