sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge van ram 3500: Dodge van 3500 i lost power to instrumentclust

Customer Question

Dodge van 3500 i lost power to instrumentclust light and radio and mirror check all fuse in bx is there a relay
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The park lamp circuit is directly powered by the headlamp switch without a relay. Power leaves the switch and goes to the park lamps and back through a second, smaller fuse for interior illumination.
If illumination doesn't work but the park lamps do and fuses are good then it would have to be a wiring issue. A blown fuse is far more likely.
The illumination fuse is fuse 20 in the box inside, a 3 amp. You've tested or replaced this fuse?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no power to fuse 20 in the inside box. I have no radio, no fans, no electric mirror function, also. The power door windows and locks work. Can' t figure out where the live wire is to feed fuse 20. What block does it come from?
I wasn't aware that the blower motor and radio were not working. These items stopped at exactly the same time as the illumination?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I lost everything at the same time. I changed the battery and it sparked when I reconnected it. Nothing has worked right since.
Was polarity reversed or the key left on when reconnecting the battery?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. We are on vacation and don't always have internet. No to both of the above issues.
You're testing for power at fuse 20 with the headlamps on and dimmer turned up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Do you have power on the pink/red wire at the headlamp switch?