Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge nitro: 07 nitro evap purge valve replacement

Customer Question

07 nitro evap purge valve replacement
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. I believe the green one pushes in and on the black one there is a little "nub" sticking out that you pull loose while pulling on the line. Any way you can get me a picture so I can verify that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here is a howto on all the quick connects.
The green one you push in the green tab then pull the line. The black one is a horseshoe shaped clip and the best way to avoid damaging it is to shove a fuel line quick connect tool in there then pull the line out. You can push the horseshoe shape clip out with a pick or small screwdriver but you may break it and have to get a new one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This attachment doesnt apply to my hose connection sorry

Ill be standing by when you get a chance to try that.. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wayne, both of these clips are the same except diameter and the green clip does not push in and i tried using a fuel line disconnect tool on black clip and that doesnt work. Looks like two pin holes under the clips .is their a wsy to release clips that way?

Those holes have the ends of the "horseshoes" in them. You can get in there and carefully push the clips out the other side but they are very brittle and theres a chance of breaking them that way.
Here is a diagram that gives you an idea of how that clip works.
HERE it is a little bigger. You can see this one better. Sorry its really hard to explain something like this. I almost need to make a video showing how to do them but either way theres a good chance of breaking them even when youve done thousands of them. They are just incredibly brittle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wayne im familiar with that style clip and those arnt mine. And these clips dont push in.

They are either the push in type or the horseshoe type. Im pretty sure the green one is what is referred to in the first document I posted listed as the single button type and the black one is the redundant latch type.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.