MoparHeat
MoparHeat, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Technician, 8+ years with Chrysler, ASE Certified Automotive Technician
67978266

1/2 ton: My 2009 pickup power windows roll down by them selves

Customer Question

My 2009 pickup power windows roll down by them selves when truck is not running
Category: Dodge
Expert:  TellNoL437 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you.This question is listed in the wrong category and that is possibly why there is a long wait. May I get the year, make, model of yout vehicle so I can get it moved to the correct category for faster response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dodge Ram 2009 1/2 ton
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your inquiry. My name is ***** ***** will be assisting you...I greatly apologize for the delay in receiving a response.This is most likely due to a faulty key. What happens is the unlock button on the key is sticking. There is a feature on the truck to press the unlock button, release, press unlock again and hold it. It will roll down the front windows until you release the button. A sticking unlock button on your key can replicate this and cause your doors to unlock and windows to roll down. To prevent this you can remove the battery from the key, use another key if available, or replace the malfunctioning key.I hope this helps! Please let me know if you need more help or information. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try your suggestion but a new key of this type runs about $200.
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know what you find. The keys are fairly expensive. You will need to use the metal key in the meantime to unlock the doors. If you need anything else please let me know.
Thank you!
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Just checking in to see what you have found. Please let me know. Thank you!