Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

Can you tell me how to program a key fob dodge grand

Customer Question

can you tell me how to program a key fob for 2010 dodge grand caravan. I dont have an original key just this replacement key that is not programmed
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.On this one there is no way to program the fobs without a dealer level scan tool.Here is the procedure if you do have the proper scan tool.PROGRAMMING IGNITION KEYS TO THE WINEach FOBIK has a unique ID code that is assigned at the time the key is manufactured. When a key is programmed into the WIN, the module learns the transponder ID code and the transponder acquires the unique Secret Key ID code from the WIN. CAUTION:Read all notes and cautions for programming procedures. 1.Connect a battery charger to the vehicle.2.Connect the scan tool.3.Have a unique vehicle PIN readily available before running the routine.4.Ignition key should be in RUN position.5.Select “ECU View”.6.Select “WIN Wireless Control”.7.Select “Miscellaneous Functions.”8.Select “Program Ignition Keys or Key FOBs”, Start9.Enter the PIN when prompted.10.Verify the correct information.11.Cycle ignition key after the successful routine completion.Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thanks.