bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

2004 ram quad cab diesel: 2004 quad cab diesel to install backup

Customer Question

2004 quad cab diesel to install backup camera which 2 wires got reverse light & which color is hot & ground
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
the best way to get the reverse light signal is go directly to either tail light, this is the safest and best way to get the turn on signal for your back up camera, the wire color for the reverse lights AT THE TAIL LAMP is WHITE with LIGHT GREEN stripe, if you splice into this wire you will have your back up lamp signal you can also pick this wire up at the trailer tow connector as well, as for ground use the body of the truck for your ground clean a area to bare metal and use a self tapping screw the paint over the area you cleaned
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
following up to see if you still need assistance, if so please ask I will do my best to help