sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dude If my car starts I have no problem paying $16. WTF is

Customer Question

Dude If my car starts I have no problem paying $16. WTF is wrong with it...my dogs have been in the house since 7am and we been messing with this car for a few hours now...help!!!
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is Lisa with the chrysler 300. I paid my $16 now can I please have my answer. I need to let my dogs out...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customerwas the dude who took my question. Please hurry up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like I said before when I turn the ignition key the dash lights up but there is no sound at all. There's a red lightning bolt and a red dot blinking. We changed fuses, tried jumper cables and I tried putting it in drive and shifting it manually in case it was stuck between gears or something. No luck. It ran fine 3 days ago.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the S***** *****ght is flashing then the problem is almost surely with the wireless control module/WIN or the key. The WCM or WIN (depending on year) is the module that communicates with the transponder in the key to allow the engine to start and run.
Have you tried a second key?
Have you tried a battery disconnect or removing the IOD fuse?