sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Stratus: I have a 1998 dodge stratus. In 2012 we rep-laced

Customer Question

I have a 1998 dodge stratus. In 2012 we rep-laced the distrbutor and fuel pump also the crankshaft sensor. I still get a miss on occasion and the check engine light comes on. The readout refers to the distributer. The shop test the car and is unable to determine the cause. they test out road test and the check engine light stays off, unable to pin down exact cause. Not safe to drive as it cuts out, and miss fires for a few seconds. What is the solution?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Depending on what actual codes are setting it's possible that you could have a wiring issue or it could still be an issue with the distributor. Factory replacement distributors for these are extremely expensive and the aftermarket alternatives are of poor quality, making replacing it a bad situation. If you're setting a code related to the distributor odds are you still have a distributor issue.
What P codes are setting?
Your question was on the open list but there is no post from you here. If you replied it did not go through.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have more information for you. My engine cut out occurs when I am in cruise control, this could be a factor as I have not used the C.C. for three weeks and have not had a problem. The factory manuals indicate that it can cause an engine miss. The code indicated distributor when checked at the auto shop. What is your decision as to the most lodgical cause?
What P codes are setting?