Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  25 years automotive expierience, Nissan factory trained, Subaru factory trained.
2921078

2000 Intreped: 2000 Intreped miss firing light is on. Can

Customer Question

2000 Intreped miss firing light is on. Can I drive it another 500 miles to Wisconsin without fixing ?
Thank you
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,To be honest it's not a good idea to put another 500 miles on the car if it's misfiring.This can cause problems with the catalytic converters and plug them right up. They will melt with the raw fuel being dumped into them. When this possibly could be a simple wire or coil issue causing the problem and a fairly inexpensive repair, turned into a very expensive repair.Sorry to give you bad news, and you could try driving it, but it isn't a great idea.Please let me know what more I can do to help with this.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to re post this in case you weren't able to view it.