sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Durango: Had car running, horn started blowing. I pressed panic

Customer Question

Had car running, horn started blowing. I pressed panic button wouldn't stop. Engine wouldn't turn off when I pushed button. I removed button and tried to turn off but now it says dameged key. Car turned off and alarm shut off after I got off the car for a few minutes. System says to run car on to reset but when I try to start it says dameged key
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You may have a number of things going on. It could be a TIPM or communication issue between modules, but that wouldn't totally explain the key issue. The key issue is most likely the key itself or the RF hub, which is what communicates with the key, but that wouldn't explain the horn going off.
Have you tried a battery disconnect?
Have you tried a second key?